Sunday, May 11, 2014.
Lubbock Memorial Civic Center
1501 Mac Davis Lane
Lubbock, Texas 79401
- 6:00 am - Packet Pickup Opens
- 7:10 am - Packet Pickup CLOSES
- 7:30 am - Marathon & Half Start
- 10:30am - Half Awards Ceremony
stuff happens program
Mellew Productions is proud to announce you now have an option to guarantee your entry fee. When you register online for any half marathon or full marathon, you will see a box in our entry form that will say "Stuff Happens", Check that box and $10 will be added to your final fee. If for any reason you cannot cross the start line your entry fees can be applied to a future Mellew half or full marathon event. Make sure you read the programs rules.
Lubbock Memorial Civic Center (1500 Mac Davis Ln, Lubbock, TX 79401) from 10am-6pm Saturday the 10th. You may also pickup your packet race morning. Packet Pickup will close 20 minutes before each distance event starts on Sunday. For example, if you are running the marathon, you will not be able to get your packet after 7:10.
All entrants will receive a gender specific runner's tech shirt.
We will have a location in the Lubbock civic center should you wish leave a bag with your belongings.
At all Mellew Production events, we try to call out everyone's name as you finish. All finishers will receive a great medal. The medal will be handed to you in the finish line area.
Awards will be presented to the top three men and women finishers in each of the following age groups for both distances: 24 & under, 25 - 29, 30 - 34, 35 - 39, 40 - 44, 45 - 49, 50 - 54, 55 - 59, 60 - 64, 65 - 69, 70+. The top overall and masters male and female will be awarded special trophies.
There will be no marathon awards ceremony. **Overall and Masters Marathon winners will be announced at 10:45am during the Half Marathon awards ceremony. Marathoners will need to go to the awards table to retreive their age group awards.
- You must be able to complete the marathon and half marathon in 6 1/2 hours.
- You must be at least 12 years old to run the Big D Half Marathon.
- You must be at least 16 years old to run the Big D Texas Marathon.
- Entries are not transferrable to others and there are no refunds.
- The following are strictly prohibited from the course:
- baby joggers
- in-line skates
- bicycles and any other non-official wheeled vehicles.
your entry includes
- Great support on our flat and scenic course
- Jaguar Chip Timing with the chip in the bib!
- The Greatest Post-Race Food!
- Tons of free parking next to the start line
- Event runner's tech shirts for all entrants.
- Great finisher medal for all half marathon finishers
- Your name called at the finish!
The course will be open for 6 1/2 hours. This means walkers are welcome to participate in the half marathon.
We will have aid stations positioned approximately every 1 to 1 1/2 miles.
We will have EMT services at the finish line and roving bicyclists along the courses to call in for medical assistance should it be needed.
Should you be unable to finish your distance, we will have event staff in support vehicles that will come and return you to the finish line. If you are running the marathon and complete the first 13.1 miles of the course and you do not finish, you will receive a half marathon finisher medal.
race recovery & party
The Panhandle marathon will host a post-race party next to the finish line with plenty of post race food, liquids & activities.
Thanks for your interest in volunteering! We have all kinds of volunteer positions that need to be filled. To register as part of our volunteer team please complete a registration by [clicking here]. We will then contact you and work out the details.
Our official race photographer will be Jerry Glover Photography. You can preorder pictures at a discount. To pre-order your race photos click on the logo below.
You may travel using Southwest Airlines to Lubbock.
There is plenty of free parking next to our start finish line. See the map below for more information.